Friday, December 20, 2019
In my ladies Abundant Life Bible Study Thursdays, 11am at my home, we have been discussing how our life can be amazing in every area as we put God and His Word first. When we are Spiritually fit we will enjoy fitness, health and wholeness in every area of life-relational, emotional, nutritional, physical, financial and all areas! Matthew 6:33 says we are to first seek God and His righteousness and everything else will be added to us:)
This month we have focused on our Emotional Fitness-health of our mind, soul, will and emotions and have enjoyed sharing helpful tips and healthy scriptures that will encourage each other to be emotionally fit. Here are some tips to think about during the holiday season~
1. God is our Go to. When we say yes to Jesus and are fit with God, we and have a personal relationship / not religion with Jesus because of all he has done for us. We now go to God, Jesus, the Holy Spirit which lives inside of us for everything we need! A relationship means we talk with Him regularly, meet with Him regularly for emotional soundness and stability.
Proverbs 3:5-6- Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding. In all your ways acknowledge him, and he will make straight your paths.
2. Leave it at the cross and believe that it will be resolved by God. Practice -PRAY about EVERYTHING! We can be confident to leave our problems, worries, requests with the Lord and He will work everything out! He cannot work while we are trying to figure everything out as worry is sin and God responds to faith , not fear and worry! TRUST GOD!
Philippians 4:6-7- Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
3. Really know in our heart who you truly are. We need to know who we are in Christ-do not let what others think of us into our mind-See who we are in Christ list😊 When we come to Jesus and repent and receive His love and forgiveness, our spirits are made whole and complete, perfect! Our life now involves renewing our mind -thoughts, will, emotions-to the truth of God’s Word and His economy.
Romans 12:1-2- I urge you brothers and sisters by the mercies of our God to present your bodies as a living sacrifice, holy and acceptable which is our reasonable act of worship to God. And do not conform to this world but be transformed by the renewing of our mind so that we can prove what God’s perfect, acceptable will for our life truly is. Our emotional fitness comes from believing what the Word of God says about us and not listening to anything else. We can transform our emotions to line up with Gods emotions!
4. Speak words of health and life in our circumstances and to our family. When something unhealthy comes up we can immediately counter it and diffuse it in the spiritual realm by speaking and declaring God’s Truth over it-speak life! “Keep your thoughts positive because your thoughts become your words. Keep your words positive because your words become your behavior. Keep your behavior positive because your behavior becomes your habits. Keep your habits positive because your habits become your values. Keep your values positive because your values become your destiny." – Mahatma Gandhi
Proverbs 18:21- The tongue has the power of life and death, and those who love it will eat its fruit.
Psalm 118:17- I will not die but live, and will proclaim what the LORD has done.
5. The past is past! Keep looking up and think on / focus on things above, focus on Jesus! Forget our mistakes and the unhealthy parts of our past. Satan wants to keep us in the past, He will keep reminding us of our bad choices, the what-ifs. Validate the mistake, make a decision to not think about it again as we give it to God and leave it there, replace with healthy new ideas!
Colossians 3:1-2 Therefore, since you have been raised with Christ, strive for the things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God. 2 Set your mind on things above, not on earthly things.
Isaiah 43:18-19-18 “Forget the former things; do not dwell on the past. 19 See, I am doing a new thing! Now it springs up; do you not perceive it? I am making a way in the wilderness and streams in the wasteland.
Philippians 3:13-14-3 Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, 14 I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
6. Think positive! Take every negative / lying thought captive and replace it with a healthy substitute thought! Do not give satan any time in your head. We can retrieve a healthy verse from our spirit and replace the unhealthy ones quickly. When we dwell on the negative our emotional state is damaged.
2 Corinthians 10:5-We demolish arguments and every pretension that sets itself up against the knowledge of God, and we take captive every thought to make it obedient to Christ.
7. Walk in love and forgive. Limit others’ space in your head. Practice saying “no” and setting healthy boundaries. Break negative soul ties with friends/ family and others- We can take back the pieces of ourselves we have given to others. We can also repent of our part of letting people take things from us or giving emotions away.
2 Corinthians 6:14-14 Do not be unequally yoked together with unbelievers. For what fellowship has righteousness with lawlessness? And what communion has light with darkness?
8. Attitude of gratitude! Praise and Worship, be grateful and thankful! We can praise our way to joy!
Hebrews 13:15-Therefore, let us offer through Jesus a continual sacrifice of praise to God, proclaiming our allegiance to his name.
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18- 16 Rejoice always, 17 pray continually, 18 give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God’s will for you in Christ Jesus
9. Breathe! Deep breathing exercises-take time breathing in- inhaling His goodness and grace then exhaling slowly negative thoughts and /or confessing sin. This will lower unhealthy cortisol levels and produce healthy serotonin and dopamine so when anxiety comes your practiced breathing will kick in.
Psalm 23:1- The LORD is my shepherd; I shall not want. He makes me lie down in green pastures. He leads me beside still waters. He restores my soul
10. Self care/ you time-make a list of helpful, joyful, happy things you can do when you need to get out of yourself-get a manicure, pedicure, massage, grab a smoothie at La Table or green tea latte at Starbucks. Exercise regularly to eliminate stress. Try writing poetry, Christian yoga, dancing, try learning guitar (its doable-I am learning!)
Merry Christmas to you and your family from ours!!!
Kate, Michael, Maizi, Jim, Snow, Cami and Jason~